Exhibitions and Shows
Photographers learn by preparing and exhibiting their work. BPG offers four opportunities a year. All images may be for sale.
- EXHIBITIONS are formal with strict criteria, hosted by the Booth Museum each Fall in the Borderlands Gallery, and have two experienced outside jurors/judges, cash prizes, ribbons and certificates.
- SHOWS are informal with open criteria, held in the Downtown Gallery of Cartersville three times a year for four months, and have two BPG members as jurors/judges with ribbons and certificates for the winners
BPG FALL EXHIBITION
Displayed in Borderlands Gallery of Booth Museum
The Booth Museum hosts a three-month exhibition of BPG images each Fall (September to November). The exhibition consists large-scale framed photographs hung in the Booth Museum’s Borderlands Gallery. Images are juried into the exhibition via digital submissions of up to five images per photographer. A Reception in the Museum and Awards Ceremony in the Bergman Theatre is held mid September. Outside judges award cash prizes for five photographs, including a BPG Member’s Choice Award. The judges present the awards in the Bergman Theatre with comments on each winning image.
As an additional educational program, the judges return to the BPG in late Fall to display and critique selected images that were submitted but not juried into the Exhibition.
Call for Entries are issued in February; deadline for submission of digital images is generally in May. The Exhibitions are coordinated by a BPG member (Exhibit Chair) under the auspices of the BPG Leadership Committee.
- Call for Entries
- Instructions for Submitting Digital Images
- Digital Entry Form
- Specifications for Matting and Framing
Congratulations to the winners of the Fall Exhibition (Click on the image thumbnail or hover the curser over an image in the slideshow for attribution).
Displayed at the Downtown Gallery, Cartersville, GA
Three informal photography shows coordinated by the BPG (Winter, Spring/Summer, and Fall) , are held at the Downtown Gallery. Criteria for the shows are less formal than the Exhibition. Images can be 5×7 or larger, framed or unframed, Plexiglas, canvas, metal, textiles, etc.; open to personal creativity in the presentations.
An opening reception is held the first Saturday of the show; ribbons and certificates are awarded to the top 3 images. Members at the Reception vote for ‘Members’ Choice Award.” Two photographers from within the BPG serve as jurors/judges. A volunteer member of BPG serves as Show Chair each year.
The Winter show runs from January through May with a reception on January 26, 2019. See below for further information.
- Downtown Gallery Show Call for Entries
- Downtown Gallery Show Entry Form, download
- How to Submit Digital Images
Congratulations to the winners of the Winter Show. (Click on the image thumbnail or hover the curser over an image in the slideshow for attribution).